- (TKD 115,124) (KGT 119)
- to'waQ yIv
- (chew ligament, idiom, meaning take some time to consider the matter - KGT 119)
- to'waQ yIyIv!
- (Chew ligament!, idiom meaning Take your time thinking about it! - KGT 119)
- to'waQ vIyIvtaH
- (I'm chewing ligament., idiom meaning I'm in the process of taking my time considering the matter. - KGT 119)
- to'waQ yIyIvQo'; DaH yIwuq!
- (Don't chew ligament; decide now!, idiom - KGT 119)
- (Don't chew! - KGT 119)
- HoD QaQbe' ghaH; reH to'waQ yIv
- (He/she is not a good captain; he/she always chews ligament. (idiom) - KGT 119)
- DeSvetlh yIv.
- (Chew that arm! - PK)
mu'meyvam yIlegh je
- (KGT 167,230,234,236,247) (mu'mey ghoQ)
- (You bother me., lit. You chew me. - KGT 167)
- muyIv romuluS Ha'DIbaH
- (The Romulan dog irks me., lit. The Romulan dog chews me. - KGT 167)
- (KGT 167): This verb literally means "chew". ... The subject of yIv can be only a person or creature, not an inanimate object or a situation. Thus, it is inappropriate to say something like muyIv 'Iw HIq bIr ("cold bloodwine chews me").
tlhoS rap mu'meyvam
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.